Construction Design and Build Technician – Level 4
36 Months (not including End Point Assessment).
- Day release
- Block release options available
Typical entry requirements for this Apprenticeship will be 5 GCSEs or equivalent, including Mathematics, English and a Science; or a Level 3 Apprenticeship.
The occupation covered by this standard is Construction Design and Build Technician and typical job titles can include: Assistant Design Co-ordinator or Design and Build Co-ordinator. In the case of SME construction companies the roles are likely to include Design Co-ordinator or Design Manager. They are associated with the co-ordination of design information on construction projects and are based on construction sites with occasional time in offices.
The main duties and tasks of a Construction Design and Build Technician are:
- Identification of client requirements in construction projects
- Identification of health and safety risks in the design of projects
- Checking of compliance with regulations on a construction project
- The minimisation of the environmental impact of construction projects
- Assisting architects with the development of detailed design on a construction project
- Co-ordinate design information on a construction project
- Monitoring of quality on a construction project
- Assisting commercial staff with the monitoring of costs on a construction project.
Training and Development Summary
The following qualification will be gained:
- A Level 4 qualification in Construction and Built Environment that meets the knowledge requirements of the standard and is approved by the industry’s recognised professional bodies meeting the educational requirements for Technician status or the equivalent level of membership.
- English and Mathematics; apprentices without Level 2 English and Mathematics will need to achieve this level prior to taking the end-point assessment.
Professional Recognition and Career Progression
This Apprenticeship will include the knowledge, skills and behaviours typically required to achieve Technician status or the equivalent with the industry’s recognised professional bodies. The final assessment process for this Apprenticeship will typically be representative of the review process required for professional registration.