IoT Dudley Starting September 2021
• Block release options available.
The Level 3 course has both practical and theory elements. Our pre-requisites of the courses are that students have a sound knowledge of Electronic Engineering to either a HNC or equivalent qualification, or equivalent work experience within the Industry. Minimum age for entry onto the course is 19 years old.
The course provides an excellent grounding for medical engineering staff involved with the servicing and maintenance of physiological monitoring and infusion equipment.
This course provides an introduction into the Principles and Practical elements of the following equipment: Patient monitoring, Foetal monitoring, Apnoea monitoring and Infusion Devices.
To provide students with the basic knowledge and practical experience needed in order to be able to carry out inspection, servicing and repairs across a variety of physiological monitoring and infusion delivery bio-medical equipment in accordance with MHRA guidance, IEC Standards, relevant manufacturers’ information and the National Occupational Standards.
On conclusion of the course the students will be competent in the following areas:
• Describe and explain the principles of patient monitoring and patient diagnostics
• Describe and explain the principal techniques used for monitoring premature and sick babies • Describe and explain the principal techniques used for foetal monitoring
• Describe and explain the principal techniques used to infuse liquids into patients
• Describe the engineering and functional operation of physiological monitoring equipment and infusion devices including premature baby incubators, foetal monitoring equipment and infusion pumps.
• Carry out inspection, testing, fault-finding and servicing of physiological monitoring and infusion equipment in accordance with the relevant legislation, standards and manufacturers’ information.
On successful completion of the course students will gain an Open College Network West Midlands Level 3 award in Servicing Physiological Monitoring and Infusion Equipment.
Students should consider enrolling on one of our 3-day equipment specific programmes to provide further focus on particular medical equipment.
Students should also consider enrolling on the Level 5 Diploma in Medical Equipment Technologies.