IoT Dudley Starting September 2021
Block release options available.
The minimum age for entry onto the course is 19 years old.
The course provides an excellent grounding for anyone new and interested in working within a Medical Engineering environment, or is responsible for simple maintenance tasks within a Medical Engineering department.
This course provides an introduction to Medical Engineering and providing the essential underpinning knowledge and experience to work within a Medical Engineering environment.
To provide students with the underpinning knowledge and competence to work safely and effectively within a Medical Engineering department. The course aims to equip the student with the knowledge and skills required for simple maintenance and servicing tasks.
On conclusion of the course the students will be able to:
• Explain the difference between volts, amps and watts
• Explain the effects of electricity on the body
• Demonstrate how to use an Electrical Safety Tester
• Demonstrate good care and storage of equipment relating to medical devices
• Explain the care of and use of tools within a medical engineering department
• List the basic measurement units used in the clinical setting
• Demonstrate how to service basic medical devices such as Aneroid and mercury sphygmomanometers, Clinical Thermometry and Treatment couches
• Explain good infection control practice when accessing a clinical area.
Students should consider enrolling on our 10-day Level 3 Medical Equipment Technologies programme for a further insight to the role of Medical Engineering.