Introduction to Robotics (Intermediate)
10 weeks x 3hrs per week (6pm – 9pm)
£714 full cost or may be fully funded if you live in the West Midlands.
A basic understanding of robotics would be desirable or to have completed the short Robotics for Beginners course.
This course is designed to allow students to develop robotic programmes specific to engineering tasks.
Training and Development Summary
In this course you will cover the following topics:
- Robotic Systems Safety
- Types of industrial robot
- Manual operation (jogging)
- Speed control
- Selecting co-ordinate systems
- Error recovery
- Intermediate Robot Programming
- Movement commands
- Tool commands
- Conditional programming
- Optimisation techniques
- Coordinate systems
- Setting coordinate systems
- Programming coordinate systems
- Tool systems
- Selecting tooling
- Calibrating tooling
- Offline simulation and programming
- Offline programming
- Uploading to physical robot
Professional Recognition and Career Progression
Upon completion of this course, students will have the opportunity to progress to the level 4, Automation, Robotics and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) course.