IoT Dudley Starting September 2021
3 day per block.
No prior experience required, however, an interest in the subject and any previous experience would be beneficial. Those already working in the industry can benefit from learning the fundamental principles of GNSS, Total Stations, Geodesy and Topo Surveying.
Digital Engineering Designer, Site Engineers/ Geospatial Technicians.
In this course you will cover the following topics:
• To describe what a topographic survey is and what steps are involved in such a survey
• Explain the importance of Coordinate Reference Systems and Scale Factor
• To familiarise with the use of latest hardware (Total station and GNSS Receivers) to carry out Topo surveys
• An insight into alternative technology (airborne LiDAR, Drone, Mobile Mapping System)
• Traverse survey Theory and Practical
• Traverse data analysis and adjustment in survey software.
By giving their employees an understanding and insight into surveying fundamentals and techniques with on hand practical experience, employers can develop their employees’ technical and problem-solving abilities. With these skills gained, the staff are able to understand their data better in the field and avoid any blunders/systematic errors and rectify any issues encountered in the field with minimal delay and avoiding any costly site re-visits.
The programmes will include the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to achieve elements of professional recognition and can be the starting point to obtaining membership with relevant bodies.