36 Months (Not including End Point Assessment).
IoT Dudley Starting September 2021
• Day release.
Typical entry requirements for this Apprenticeship will be 5 GCSEs or equivalent, including Mathematics, English and a Science; or a Level 3 Apprenticeship.
The occupation covered by this standard is Construction Quantity Surveying Technician.
Typical job titles can include: Assistant Quantity Surveyor, Assistant Construction Surveyor, Quantity Surveying
Technician, Assistant Cost Engineer or Assistant Cost Analyst.
The main duties and tasks of a Construction Quantity Surveying Technician are:
• Assisting senior managers with the budgeting of construction projects
• Control of costs during a construction project
• Selection and management of specialist contractors
• To contribute to the mitigation of disputes using accurate records
• Recording, control and reporting of income and expenditure on a construction project
• Valuation of progress on construction projects
• To assist senior managers with the legal and contractual issues on a construction project.
The following qualification will be gained:
• A Level 4 qualification in Construction and Built Environment that meets the knowledge requirements of the standard and is approved by the industry’s recognised professional bodies meeting the educational requirements for Technician status or the equivalent level of membership
• English and Mathematics; apprentices without Level 2 English and Mathematics will need to achieve this level prior to taking the end point assessment.
This Apprenticeship will include the knowledge, skills and behaviours typically required to achieve Technician status or the equivalent with the industry’s recognised professional bodies. The final assessment process for this Apprenticeship will typically be representative of the review process required for professional registration.