The typical duration for this Apprenticeship is 3 to 4 years but this will depend on the previous experience of the apprentice and access to opportunities to gain the full range of competence.
IoT Dudley (from September 2022)
• Day release
• Block release options available.
Individual employers will set their own selection criteria for this Apprenticeship. As it requires achievement to Level 6 the typical entry requirements for this Apprenticeship will be the completion of the Level 4 Construction Technician Standard; EngTech LCIBSE status, HNC in Building Services Engineering or equivalent qualifications and commensurate experience.
The occupation covered by this standard is that of Building Services Engineering Site Management. Building Services are environmental systems in buildings such as electrical power, air conditioning, heating and lighting. Building Services Engineering Site Management staff lead the installation of complex environmental systems in construction projects. Typical job titles can include: Assistant Building Services Engineering Site Manager, Building Services Installation Manager or Project Engineer.
The main duties and tasks of a Building Services Engineering Site Manager are:
• To ensure that safe systems of work are in place on their site and that all staff adhere to them
• To translate design information to construction teams so they can install the equipment
• To manage the productivity on the site so that the project is completed on time
• To ensure that the project is completed to the specification and quality needed by the client
• To manage the activity on site in a way that adheres to cost and contract constraints
• To ensure that the site has minimal negative impact on the environment and community
• To manage interfaces between stakeholders associated with the project.
The following qualification will be gained:
• BEng (Hons) Building Services Engineering or equivalent Level 6 Building Services Engineering Diploma, mapped to UKStandard for Professional Engineering Competence (UK-SPEC) for Incorporated Engineer
• Industry certificates in Site Safety Plus Site Managers’ Safety Training Scheme and Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme which are required for safe operations in the workplace
• English will be required to be demonstrated at Level 3 and Mathematics will be required to be demonstrated at Level 5. These may be demonstrated in the BEng (Hons).
This Apprenticeship will include the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to achieve Incorporated Engineer status with the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers and lead to the designatory letters IEng ACIBSE. The professional review process for IEng ACIBSE is included in the final assessment process for this Apprenticeship