15 – 18 Months (not including End Point Assessment).
IoT Dudley Starting September 2021
• Day release.
Eligibility criteria for Level 3, Minimum GCSE Grade D/or above in mathematics and English or a Level 2 Healthcare Support Worker.
Senior Healthcare Support Workers help registered practitioners deliver healthcare services to people. As an experienced support worker you carry out a range of clinical and non-clinical healthcare or therapeutic tasks under the direct or indirect supervision of the registered healthcare practitioner. You provide high quality, compassionate healthcare, following standards, policies or protocols and always acting within the limits of your competence. You may work in a range of services e.g. hospital, community, health or day case unit, birth centre or midwifery led unit, someone’s home, operating theatre, nursing or care home, assessment centre, hospice, school, prison, GP surgery, charity or voluntary organisation; working in partnership with individuals, families, carers and other service providers.
The Level 3 Standard Health Care Support Worker consists of a number of different elements chosen by the sector to best develop the skills required for career progression. Once students have completed all elements and they, the employer and the college feel they are ready, students will then be put forward for Gateway and move on to the End Point Assessment.
• The Care Certificate (evidence of completion required)
• Level 3 Diploma in Health Care Support worker
• Level 2 Functional Skills in English
• Level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics
• End Point Assessment.
Students are only required to complete the Functional Skills element for subjects in which they do not already have a GCSE A-C or new grade 5-9 in.
End Point Assessment
At Level 3 the EPA consists of a situational judgment test, professional discussion and an observation.
As part of the diploma, students/employers can choose from a range of units such as:
• Support Individuals who are substance users
• Provide support to manage pain and discomfort
• Move and position Individuals in accordance with their plan of care
• Prepare environments and resources for use during healthcare activities
• Prepare for and carry out extended feeding techniques
• Undertake physiological measurements
• Obtain venous blood samples
• Support individuals undergoing health care activities
• Principles of health promotion
• Promotion of general health and well being
• Obtain a client history.
Upon completion of this qualification, students will have the opportunity to progress to a Healthcare Practitioner Level 5.