Please see Student Finance for further details.
IoT Dudley Starting in September 2021
You will need to have one of the following:
• BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Engineering (MMP or better)*
• BTEC National Level 3 Diploma in Engineering (MM or better)*
• A Level in Mathematics and Physics (C or above)
• City & Guilds Electrical Installation or Electrical Electronics qualification at Level 3
• Access to HE in Engineering (Including the ‘Electrical Principles’ and ‘Further Mathematics for Technicians’ modules)
*including the ‘Electrical Principles’ and ‘Further Mathematics for Technicians’ modules.
• A senior technical role in industry – Project Manager, Design Engineer
• Employment in research and development, design, technical sales and production.
The HND Electrical and Electronic Engineering develops the candidates’ ability to apply analysis and synthesis skills to the
solution of electrical engineering problems and their knowledge, understanding and skills in a range of core electrical principles, electrical power systems, electrical machine principles and electrical safety at higher level.
Classes are a combination of formal lectures, discussion, group work, tutorials and practical workshops. Throughout the course you will be encouraged to undertake independent reading/research to supplement and consolidate what has been taught/learned and to broaden your understanding of the subject. Students will develop a knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
Managing Professional Engineering Project;
Instrumentation and Control Systems;
Electrical and Electronic Principles;
Electronic Circuits and Devices;
Electronics and Storage,
Industrial Systems and Further Electrical,
Electronic and Digital Principles.
Successful completion of an HND in Electrical and Electronic Engineering will give you the knowledge, understanding and skills you need for relevant industry employment or progression to a degree course or Apprenticeship.