• Day release
• Block release options available.
Completion of a CAD intermediate course or a good level of CAD knowledge is desirable. A working knowledge of SolidWorks is desirable or to have completed an introduction to CAD course.
• Manufacturing Engineer
• Design and Development Engineer
• Tooling/Design Engineer.
By the end of this unit students will be able to:
• Describe the key principles of manufacturing using a CAD/CAM system.
• Produce 3D solid models of a component suitable for transfer into a CAM system.
• Use CAM software to generate manufacturing simulations of a component.
• Design and produce a dimensionally accurate component on a CNC machine using a CAD/CAM system.
The course comprises of a single unit accreditation from the HNC Engineering qualification. Students who complete this qualification may wish to consider a full HNC in the future. The course also allows students within an Engineering industry to upskill in specific areas.