42-48 months (including End Point Assessment).
MCMT Telford (from September 2022)
• Day release
• Block release options available
• Evenings only.
Level 2 English & Maths is required to complete final assessment
A Propulsion Technician is responsible for the testing or building function to support the development of propulsion systems such as internal combustion engines, hybrid and electric propulsion technology and advanced control systems.
The propulsion technician carries out a range of specialist tasks in a controlled environment in order to develop, improve or create new propulsion technologies. The Propulsion Technician plays a proactive role in development build or test delivery, taking responsibility for creating, editing, first line data analysis and quality validation, providing an essential link between the propulsion development function and engineers.
The Propulsion Technician is the source of technical leadership within their specific functional area and will support and engage with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders such as engineers, suppliers, external agencies and organisations to provide consistent build, development and quality assurance of the propulsion system.
Delivered via a mix of Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours which include:
• Personal responsibility & compliance: Complies with statutory and organisational health and safety regulations and policies at all times. Accepts responsibility for their work load with a responsible approach to risk. Continually demonstrates a high level of motivation and resilience when facing challenges.
• Working effectively in teams: Create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships with the team and a wide range of internal, external and connected stakeholders. Maintains the highest standards of integrity and ethics in all business relationships.
• Effective communication & interpersonal skills: Maintain effective partnerships with suppliers and customers through the company processes to achieve sound objectives. Open and honest clear communication using appropriate methods.
Always demonstrating a positive and respectful attitude.
• Quality & problem solving: Strong desire to ensure that the root cause of a problem is identified and addressed, continually seeks opportunities to improve quality, speed and efficiency whilst also demonstrating technical leadership.
• Continuous Personal Development: Reflect on skills, knowledge and behaviours and seeks opportunities to develop, adapt to different situations, environments or technologies and have a positive attitude to feedback and advice.
Achievement of the standard is designed to be recognised by relevant Professional Engineering Institutions such as the Institute of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) and the Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET) at the appropriate level of professional